7.22.2012

Was It Worth It?

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/was-it-worth-it

I love this talk; we went through it in Relief Society (it's like all-girls Sunday School, basically) today, & oh, I love it. & it's hard for me not to get emotional when this topic comes up.


"As Dave spoke of his conversion and bore his testimony regarding these events, he asked the question, “So, was it worth it? Was all the effort of friends and youth leaders and my bishop, over all the years, worth the effort to have just one boy be baptized?” Pointing to Katherine and his five children, he said, “Well, at least for my wife and our five children, the answer is yes.”
Whenever the gospel is shared, it is never “just one boy.” Whenever conversion happens or someone returns to the Lord, it is a family that is saved. " 


I joined this church two years ago, last week. For two years, I have been complete. I'm happy. Do I say that enough? I am so, so happy.
I'm especially grateful, the past few months, for the man who changed my life. He didn't have to serve a mission; no one does. He chose to give two years of his life with his family, so I could have eternity with mine. That is the most unselfish and beautiful choice in the world, and I'm so, so grateful he made it. There is no one else who could have entered my life, changed it in the way he did, and helped me work out the kinks over and over until I felt comfortable and confident and happy. He was so patient when I was impossible, and loving when I was unlovable. He never failed to show me God's love for me.  I am certain that Heavenly Father chose him, personally, to be my missionary, and I could not have more love or respect for him.
I wonder, at times, if he ever felt like I was a lost cause--if he ever wondered why he was putting so much effort into someone as selfish and ungrateful and confused as I was.  I wonder if he questioned if it was worth it, at times.
& I can tell you that, at least to myself and my soon-to-be eternal companion, it was worth it. Because he taught me those lessons, over and over, and answered questions, over and over, I joined this church and gained a true knowledge of the Restored Gospel. Because he served a mission, I will soon be sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. He changed not only my life, but my eternity.

This Church is true, this Gospel is real, and He lives and loves each of us. I am so happy that I had the wonderful support I did, to join this church, and feel so thankful that I will be sealed to my love in the temple, soon. Life is good, and I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment