8.24.2012

Fall 12 Semester

Can I just start by saying how incredible my life is?! I'm so, so blessed. Skyler (finally!!) moved here, we're making progress on wedding planning (ok, that was a mild lie.) and I get to finally just be with him! Hooray!
Seriously, I got a little crazy the last two weeks of being apart. I was working 45+ hours a week, and trying to get all sorts of ending/apartment stuffs done and it just was.not.happening. The man shows up, I continue working and add school onto my list of things to do, and somehow everything falls together. Faith, people. It's faith.
For example, when we were long distance I got a little crazy about the fact that I hadn't kissed my fiancĂ© in two months, and just yesterday, Skyler said, "You don't kiss me enough." (& his comment was valid. It was like 4 pm and I hadn't kissed him once all day. Whoops!)  Our "problems" have changed, but everything is just so perfect.
& I know what you're thinking.... Honeymoon stage... But, to clarify that is inaccurate....
Example 1: Last night my hip hurt so so bad (Spin class. Hip flexors, it sucks.) so I put on my polar bear fuzzy pjs at 4. And whined the entirety of the afternoon. I couldnt even get myself in the car. Skyler called me an invalid.  Not very honeymoon-like. ;) Example 2: Last night, I was cleaning my bathroom and noticed, like, 2 hairs in my shower drain. Trying to be a big girl, I pulled on them. Bad idea. Off came my drain plug-thing (very technical term, I know.) and there was what I have now begun referring to as a ferret-sized hair clob. Auggggggh!!! Totally Sky's job. And he did it! (meanwhile, I sat on the kitchen floor literally gagging and dry heaving while he screamed at me that I'd better not puke.)
Obviously, my life is still awkward, but the other half of my "us" is absolutely fantastic and such a trooper through all of my crazy ideas and moments. 

I other news, I just began my semester and have no free time, yet just took on an Honors Program personal study where I'll be working in the schools with math students. It should be pretty bomb. I just lined it all up with my professor this morning and I am way, way excited!! I've missed my kiddos.
My classes are all ok, and being in math has once again reminded me of how big of a loser I am. In math, he was reading us all of these tricky story problems and I was whipping out the answers. For those of you who don't know, I love math (& school in general) and am a total nerd about it. As in, last night I looked up math problems online and did them. For fun. This semester should be great. 
I'm incredibly happy, incredibly blessed, and so so excited about this new chapter in my life! Sorry that this blog post was long and rambling with (once again) no pictures.
....I can't think of a way to end this, so I'll just go with a first grade ending and say....


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment