8.04.2012

This & That


So, in case you couldn't tell by my past twelve thousand blog entries/my semi-obnoxious, ohmygoshI'mgettingmarried Facebook statuses, I'M FREAKING GETTING MARRIED! Really. Alison, the queen of never-going-to-two-high-school-dances-with-the-same-boy-because-I-got-bored-too-fast*. It's not that I dated a lot, really. In fact, usually after one or two dates, I would think, "This guy's way too boring for me. Where's the surprise?! Where's the belly-laughs?" & was totally over it. & yet, I found my other half. My perfect, wonderful other half. & the best part? I get forever & ever with him!
[*We'll come back to that (^) subject later.]
That's right, folks. I found someone who never fails to surprise me, with his personality. Sky is hilarious, and totally gets me. (For instance, when I "write" a song, to the tune of "Coins In My Hands", he acts like this is totally normal behavior. & lets me sing it to him. A lot. NBD; & since I know you're now dieing to hear that song, enjoy!)




Please excuse my ADHD, where was I? Ahem...

So. He makes me belly laugh at least a bajillion times a day, and is totally up to playing "Pteradactyl" for 30 minutes via Skype and doesn't even think twice about it. He is absolutely perfect for me and can always tell exactly what I'm thinking. He is responsible and has goals and dreams and supports mine as well. Oh, and did I mention that he's freakin' gorgeous? Evidence:

Yep. He's pretty ridiculously hot. I know. (Someday, ten years from now, when we have kids, they'd better take after Daddy & skip my albino genes.)

However, I would like to point out how completely unfair it is, for me to come into this relationship. ;) 
His mom makes dessert (seriously) every day. Every day. Did you all read that?! Every. Freaking. Day. (Seriously, I was there for a week and a half and had more dessert than I had the past year, easily. Oh, and they have "Sunday dinner." I'm not sure if this is a Morm thing, but it = Alison cooking a "real" meal on Sunday, when I rather like going home and putting on jammies and eating popcorn for dinner. Don't judge.) He has lived with her for 20 of his 22 years. AKA--Skyler loves dessert. & I'll be honest, some days, just getting supper cooked is a bit of a stretch, let alone DESSERT! What the heck! (So if anyone has any fast, easy, delish dessert ideas, shoot 'em this way. Now's when the panic sets in!) When I brainstormed "desserts" I came up with (I know, I'm awesome..) cookies. Not even like, mix flour & sugar & chocolate chips type of cookies, but like store-bought, Nestle Toll House, already evenly sized cookies that you just plop on a pan. Something tells me he's going to be missin' home, real fast. :D
Pretty sure she's been plotting that, the past 22 years... :P (Totally kidding.)

Coming back to the * subject from earlier, I just had to tell this story, because it's freaking hilarious. High school dances.
So, recently, a friend of mine posted an old picture from a high school dance, that I went to with a guy from work. First, I want to be clear... he asked me about going with me. I didn't, like, beg him to go, or something.
When we got there, he ditched me to "hang out" with his friends. AKA, sit on the stairs, not dancing. WHAT?! Let's just get this straight, I am a FUN girl. I LOVE DANCES. & I can sure-as-heck shake my booty. Boys don't ditch me. ESPECIALLY not to dance with another girl, like, once, and then sit on the steps. They just don't.
So, naturally, we were all talking about how lame that experience was. & then another girl commented on the picture to inform me that...
He's becoming a Catholic priest.
It's all so much clearer now... Not really into the whole dancing-with-girls thing. I can stop taking it personally. :) Although, I've got to admit, I'm hoping this subject doesn't come up on Judgement Day. ;)

That's really all I have to say, for now. Please excuse my ADHD-blog-style, but the whole organization thing just never seems to happen.
I'll end the post with some engagements. (& can I just say that I freakin' love our photographer?! She's an old friend of Skyler's and she's super easy to work with, and I'm in love with the pictures she took!)


















No comments:

Post a Comment