1.27.2012

I believe...

--in Dr. Pepper being a food group. & yes, I do believe it's a proper breakfast. 23 fruits, I tell you! 23!
--that happy girls are pretty girls.
--in picking my battles. I ask myself, "Is it worth the fight?" on a regular basis. I used to see that as a weakness, like I was willing to just give in... But I've gradually changed my mind--I think it just means I'm tough enough to let others win sometimes.
--that I am blessed beyond measure.
--in journaling. I started a journal, where I just write my raw feelings. It's not always pretty. It's not always nice. It's not always the things I'll want to remember about me as a 21-year-old. But it's life, & I know someday I will love seeing my growth.
--in love, & trust, & long distance. I believe in us.
--that no one ever gets you like your momma does.
--in the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
--in loving others... even when they're mean-spirited, or jealous, or say unkind things, or mock. In fact, I believe that often, the people who in the moment I feel are least deserving of my love need it the most.
--in balance. Too much of anything can make you crazy.
--in being with someone who makes you laugh; one of my [many & most favorite] blessings is how hard Sky can make me laugh. I'm a lucky lady.
--that families are forever & in temple marriages.
--in myself, in my capabilities, & in my passions.
--in diversity & second chances. I believe that people spend too much time criticizing others for "not knowing our language" & to "go back to where they came from." I bet someone said that to your ancestors, once, too. Lucky for you, they persevered.
--that we are stronger than we know.
--in staying up late talking to the boyf, even though I know I'll be dead dog tired the next day. Talking to him is well worth a few extra yawns.
--in Summer; sidewalk chalk, "the wall," Sonic's Route 44 strawberry limeades, tan lines, & Spitz.
--[BUT! I also believe in...] Spring weddings; not too hot and not too cold. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment