3.17.2011

my life is awesome.

so last night i decided to turn my phone on loud, after missing important texts. unfortunately for me, i didn't remember that i had turned it on loud this morning when i went in to take the test. of course, i didn't, i mean... why would i?! i never have my phone on loud. and there's a reason for that: the fact that i forget to turn it on silent.
don't worry. smack dab in the middle of it, my bestie sent me the nicest good luck text ever. but this text meant that my phone went off. REALLY loud. [my phone is a beast. it's seriously super loud.] dead silent classroom + lady gaga's "telephone" = one embarassed girl. hahaha. my professor, who i seriously thought might kill me, ended up not caring. and said he wasn't sure if it was more embarassing that my phone went off or that it was lady gaga. however, i'd like to point out he knew it was her... so he obviously has listened to the song... so he obviously secretly likes her.
anyway, the other highlight of my morning was before the test. we've pretty much all been bombing his quizzes. like i said, the class is freakin' hard! more than half of us failed the last two. hahaha. so he was talking to us about how we can better prepare for them, etc. we were pretty much sitting around a campfire singing songs--seriously, it was some bonding time. which, if you knew the professor, was totally unexpected. he's kinda... rough. i like the guy, truly i do! but he sure as heck doesn't take any bull, and my goodness the man can curse up a storm. but for a few minutes there, you'd have sworn he was a kindergarten teacher. there was some major love in the air.
and then he said "i know some of you probably are shocked by the level of difficulty of this class. right now you're probably thinking, 'what the [explicit]?! i didn't sign up for this! i signed up to read stories...'" to which the entire class laughed at. but really, i was thinking that. seriously. whenever people ask me what my major is i say "teaching english and coloring pictures." isn't that what i'm doing? english, arts & crafts, & maybe teaching some math/science/history/etc. on the side? ;) [totally kidding, i swear!]
oh, and also this morning my dad [who last night didn't complete shoot down my idea of becoming a prostitute rather than finishing school] told me i was doing "fine" in school. uhhh, dad, this is me you're talking to. i don't do fine. i don't do good. i do exceptional. that's just how life has always been.
life as i know it is over. i'm officially average. and i hate it.
college is kickin' my butt. repeatedly.
but so far, despite embarassment, i have had a surprisingly good day. the test turned out to be pretty easy, with the exception of a few questions. i think we're looking at about a B- or [more than likely] a C.
one thing down, a few to go. and then uuuuuuutahhhhhh! :)
*thinking positively*
love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment