4.24.2011

[somewhere between my faith & my plans.]

i've had casting crowns on shuffle all evening. just a few thoughts. i've included a video of the song that really, really hit me today. much love. xo.


i'll praise You in this storm / & i will lift my hands / for You are who You are / no matter where i am / & every tear i've cried / You hold in Your hand / You never left my side / & though my heart is torn / i will praise You in this storm ♥


but if we are the body / why aren't His arms reaching? / why aren't His hands healing? / why aren't His words teaching? / & if we are the body / why aren't His feet going? / why is His love not showing them there is a way? / [there is a way.]
 
Somewhere between the hot and the cold
Somewhere between the new and the old
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Somewhere between the wrong and the right
Somewhere between the darkness and the light
Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle
Are we caught in the middle

Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle

I could go on for hours about this song. I really could.
I love that He takes me where I am. But I also love that He expects me to and wants me to do my best to be constantly growing. How often do I trade my plans and goals for His will? How often do I stop whining and just accept things as-is? How often do I give all of myself, rather than holding myself back? How often do I really get out of my comfort zone?
I actually really like the line that says, "the God we want and the God who is."  So often I find myself so caught up in wanting Him to just erase it all--to make every single thing in my life easy. But then, what's the point? I am here to grow. To learn. To love. I truly believe that. If absolutely everything was perfect, where would I have to stretch, where would I have to dig deeper, where would I grow? I find myself begging Him to be what I think I want, when in actuality He already is exactly who I want and need--who we all need. He is perfection.
I'm the one who has some changing to do.

It's been almost a year. I can't believe that. Almost a whole year, already. In some ways, I find myself still as me--still a little rough around the edges.  In other ways, I no longer really remember who I was a year ago. I can't explain that. But I wish I could.
I love the line, "Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me."  I look forward to becoming who He's making me.
In all honesty, I'm "somewhere between my faith and my plans." I still have this vision of my future based on how I've always pictured it. It's hard to completely re-route your life.
But, oh my, will it be worth it!
I needed this song to remind me of my long-term goals. & I know what I have to do to get there.
Life is good. 
Ok, I'm shushing... I know I'm rambling. [You get used to it, I promise. Eventually, you may even stop noticing that I babble like a lunatic.]




Father, hear my prayer
I need the perfect words
Words that he will hear
And know they're straight from You
I don't know what to say
I only know it hurts
To see my only friend slowly fade away


So maybe this time I'll speak the words of life
With Your fire in my eyes
But that old familiar fear is tearing at my words
What am I so afraid of?

'Cause here I go again
Talkin 'bout the rain
And mulling over things that won't live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance to tell him
That You love Him
But here I go again, here I go again

Lord, You love him so, You gave Your only Son
If he will just believe; he will never die
But how then will he know what he has never heard
Lord he has never seen mirrored in my life

This might be my last chance to tell him
That You love him
This might be my last chance to tell him
That You love him
You love him, You love him

What Am I so afraid
What am I so afraid
What am I so afraid of?
How then will he know
What he has never heard 

No comments:

Post a Comment