7.16.2011

"[[[one]]] thing is always clear: I am BLESSED"

A year ago today, someone tried to drown me. Really, he did.
& by that I mean:
A year ago today, my life was changed, for the better*. [*best] A year ago today, I was baptized & became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. & I can honestly say that nothing has ever impacted me so much, and in such a positive way. I can honestly say that the church, and my relationship with Christ, are the best things to ever happen to me.


I can honestly say that I have no idea where I would be without missionary work. &, more specifically, for the missionary who changed my life.
Let’s be honest, I’m a bit stubborn. & by that, I obviously mean “ridiculously stubborn.” I know without a doubt in my mind that God knows me personally, because He has provided for me time and time again, especially in this past year. He blessed me with a missionary who would answer every question [at least 20 times each], calm every worry, help me learn for myself, and take my sass [once in a great while ;)]. I was also blessed to have a missionary who, although understanding, knew when enough was enough and had absolutely no problem being upfront & blunt. [I believe the direct phrase was “stupid booty shorts” ;)] I was blessed with someone who, quite honestly, didn’t take my crap. & that was exactly what I needed. & so much more than I deserved, time and time again.

I have been blessed with the best best friend, who always has the perfect answers, and who has helped me every step of the way.

I have been blessed with families, who let me be a part of theirs, no questions asked. I have been blessed with people who have taken me under their wing, & cared for & loved me.  I have been blessed with friends & role models.  I have been blessed with people who I look up to so much.  I have been blessed by my interactions with so many people, in the past year.


[For the record, I'm tired & I don't have pictures of every-single-person who I SHOULD have a picture of on here. So basically, insert your face here. :) There are so, so many people that I am missing!! So consider yourself included. :)]

I have been blessed with so many people along the way. People who may not always know they are changing the way I view things, and think, and feel. & sometimes it has been with the simplest phrases, or by the simplest means. But it has greatly impacted me. & ohmygoodness, I appreciate each of you. [I sure hope you know who you are.]

Basically, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Scratch that, I’m pretty sure I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Big thank you’s to many missionaries, both full-time and member missionaries, who changed my life for the better, and who listened to every whine, rant, worry, question, and fear along the way. You are the best, and I love you each so much.

& an extra big thank you to you, sir. I am so, so incredibly grateful for you for choosing to serve your mission, your no-nonsense attitude, your friendship, and [okay…] ESPECIALLY the whole near-death drowning [err, baptism]. I owe you big time. & I am so incredibly grateful it was you.

Yep. Basically, I’m just plain old stinkin’ blessed.

Best part? You can be, too. :)

I’m challenging you to go to lds.org, click on “Chat with a missionary” and give it a shot.

Or go to my Facebook friends, and add Elder Blair Ahlstrom or Elder Zayne Callahan & chat it up with them!

Or go to church with me, on any Sunday! This is your invite. :) [You’ll get to see me, in a dress, with makeup on, and with my hair done. That’s correct, folks, I won’t be in sweats. Woah. That’s reason enough to go, right there. & if you happen to learn something about the Gospel—well then bonus! ;)]

Or meet with your local missionaries.

If you can’t pick one of those four to do, then you’re basically just lame because that took me a long time to think of FOUR whole options! :) [Just kiddin’. But really, you should try one.]

XO, Al

No comments:

Post a Comment