7.07.2011

sufficient

i was talking on the phone to someone yesterday. they told me they admired my testimony, and that they knew i'd worked hard for it. they mentioned how much they knew i'd given up for it, how many hoops i had to jump through. & that they knew that had been hard on me.
& that's the truth. coming to a point where i knew this church is true AND i was willing to change my life for it was not easy for me, at all. it had its trials--it has its trials.
but i think people misunderstand how much it means to me. it's not a burden, it's not something that i think of like "well i gave all of this up..." it's not a negative experience at all.
it's a gift. it's a blessing. it's a relationship with Him that i work on constantly. it's self-improvement. it's growth. it's faith and trust and hope. &, above all else, it's love.

i think something i've really learned this year is to just trust. to realize that my plans may not be His, but that His will make me a thousand times happier than i imagined i could be. i learned to live by faith. i learned to trust & act upon that trust.
& i learned that the Gospel is enough. i know that He is more than enough for me.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment