11.29.2011

because i'm blessed

ok, so confession:
i've been wanting to do a grateful list for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to do it amongst all the cliche thanksgiving gratefulness. so... now that thanksgiving is over, i can get back to my regular grateful lists. :)


I'm grateful for...
--a boy [he would make me say "man" but it's my blog, so whatev] who never gave up on me & helped me find/build my own foundation, on my terms and in my way.
--& every stubborn lecture that came/comes along with it. booty shorts [& all things modest], reading my scrips, attending my meetings, not cursing, and remembering not to worry.
--hearing, "i raised you well." & laughing because it was a joke, but smiling because i knew it had sincerity behind it & maybe i'm not as terrible at this as i tend to believe.
--sleeping in, over break. actually getting sleep & just feeling normal again. sleep deprivation sucks.
--learning to [mostly] hold it together. learning to find the positive. learning to be okay with their choices.
--a boyfran who tells me i'm pretty & is patient & honors his priesthood & makes me smile.
--dreaming in Chinese. i hadn't for a while, and was worried i was losin' the language.
--a job that i'm in love with & the precious kiddos i teach.
--boys who are fully serving Him. He has some of the best (& some of my own personal favorite) people in the world workin' for Him right now, so i'd say that means there's plenty of hope left in this world.
--the rc.
--being told something a jillion times, & then finally having it click.
--serving others. i think i really realized just how much i love it, this week.
--having one of my best friends in the whole wide world serving the Lord. & all of the uplifting things he tells me. & getting hilarious emails from him every week. this week's highlight?: "if you go and get married before I get home I SWEAR!!!!!" hahahaha. [& no, no that will not be happening. :)]
--dr. pepper. a year ago right now, i was having the biggest withdrawals of my life, without it. i think drinking it makes life complete. :) [addict? yesh.]
--cassie. i could write a novel, right here, about her. but that'd be slightly les. so i'll keep it simple & just say she's the best bestfran in the whole wide world.
--warm-ish weather. i am loving this mild winter. [knock on wood.]

No comments:

Post a Comment