9.25.2011

{forget-me-not}

http://lds.org/general-conference/watch/2011/10?lang=eng&vid=1180453706001&cid=7
[^That is the link to the talk I fell in love with last night.]

"God wants to help us to eventually turn all our weaknesses into strengths. But He knows that this is a long-term goal. He wants us to become perfect. & if we stay on the path of discipleship ... one day we will.  It's okay that you're not quite there yet. Keep working on it. But stop punishing yourself."

"These successes may seem tiny to you, and they may go unnoticed by others. But God notices them. & they are not small to him."

"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don't close your eyes & hearts to the simple & elegant beauties of each day's ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life.  The happiest people I know are not those that find their golden ticket. They are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover & treasure the beauty & sweetness of every day moments."

"You are not forgotten."

"No matter how dark your days may seem; No matter how insignificant you may feel; No matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love.  Just think of it--you are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious being in the universe. You are loved by the King of infinite space & everlasting time. He who created & knows the stars knows you and your name. You are the daughters of his kingdom."

"God loves you, sisters, because you are his child. He loves you even though at times you may feel lonely & make mistakes. The love of God & the power of the restored gospel are redemptive & saving. If you will only allow his divine love into your life, it can dress any wound, heal any hurt, & soften any sorrow."

I love that he says that it can soften any sorrow.  He didn't say "it will end every sorrow."  He said it can "soften any sorrow."  I am grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel & the love of Christ. I'm grateful that I know I am a daughter of my loving Heavenly Father, and that He knows me personally. I am grateful that I am loved, when I am so far from deserving of His love.
I love this church. I love the principles I am taught, the feelings I have, the growth I have experienced, & the strength I have received because I choose to live according to the Gospel.
Good weekend.
I promise I will get back to blogging tomorrow, instead of going on and on about a talk, but my goodness, I loved it.
XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment